It isn't even 3pm yet and the day we've had!! Shayleigh has been complaining all weekend, even coming in from playing because of her ankle. I knew when I made her appointment for April 6th it was way too long after her injury, but that was all they had. First thing this morning after dropping the kids off at school I gave them another call to see what they could do for her. I talked to the receptionist, and she said that she would talk to her supervisor and someone would call me back within 2 hrs. Literally 5 minutes later the supervisor called back and I explained to her what had happened, she was completely shocked that the emergency room Dr. NEVER told us to follow up with an orthopedist. She told me that they could squeeze Shay in at 10am. I called the middle school to see if they could dismiss Shay early so Eric could pick her up and I wouldn't have to drag Eli in in the rain. When I ever called and they said that they wouldn't dismiss her because it was MCAS. I explained that this was an emergency appointment. The secretary put me through to the principal (he is NOT my favorite!) who I told the EXACT same thing to and he said "mmhmm" "yeah" "okay" and I asked him if they would be done by 9:40. He said yes and I asked if she could be waiting in the office for me he said yes. When I got inside at 9:45 she wasn't waiting and hadn't even been called down to the office!! I was SO angry, this Dr. was squeezing us in, and the school knew it and they had the nerve to make us 10 minutes late! What REALLY made me angry was that Shay said the they called down to the classroom (during MCAS) at 9:20 to tell her teacher she was going to be dismissed, but for her to wait until they called her down. I was SO thankful that the Dr. would not only squeeze us in, but take us being 10 minutes late!! We were there for 2 1/2 hrs. It was a LONG time for Eli, but being able to see the specialist was worth it. She set Shay's ankle (well from her upper calf down to her toes) in a hard cast. I am happy that she is getting the proper care, but felt SO bad, she looked like she was going to cry when the Dr. told her:( So now Shay has a blue sparkly cast on her right foot. The specialist said 2 weeks then she is going back. The plan then is to take off the cast and put her in a walking boot, at that time she will be starting PT too. I joked and said that this is like the sports version of money pit..two more weeks! We ended our little trip to Milford with some Papa Gino's then back home!! Whew what a day!! To top it all off after ALL I did for her today she WOULDN'T even let me be the first one to sign her cast!!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tell Shay I know what she's going through and to keep her chin up! You'd be amazed the fun tricks you can do on crutches!
ReplyDelete